Monday 25 June 2012

Gifts for the lovely in-laws!

For my parents-in-laws I decided to hand-make a gift this year.

A door hanger for my lovely mother-in-law:



I chose two of my favourite fabrics from the brilliant Patchwork Corner shop. They seem to work so well together so I put one on each side. You may not be able to tell but I also used my new super-duper trooper sewing machine and tried out a really nice decorative swirly stitch on the front. If you look closely you might be able to see it on the front outlining the heart shape.

For my father-in-law a useful (hopefully) Ipad case:


I found a freebie pattern on the internet which was great, it fitted perfectly and I took the idea of a large button and some elastic to make a catch to secure it from another design that I had seen. There is a pouch at the front for leads etc. I originally had planned to sew along the middle of the pouch to make 2 smaller ones but it is confusing to ensure that you think ahead enough to do that at the right time. By the time I had realised that I hadn't done it, there was no going back....unless I started unpicking!



No comments:

Post a Comment