Monday 25 June 2012

A project that went wrong!....

My cousin had a baby - Eva, in January and I was keen to make a hand-crafted gift. I decided to make an owl using some lovely fabrics that I had bought whilst in Wales last year. This was a project that went wrong although my cousin tells me that it takes pride of place in the cot! You'll see why it went wrong from the picture below......what is it??!!





The moral of the story is make sure that you have a pre-prepared template that definitely looks like the creature that you are trying to portray! On reflection owls have small pointy ears (although of course most have hidden ears) that stick out to the sides, these are too deep and rounded! Also I went for the raw edge look but left too deep a seam allowance so it doesn't work as well as it could. I still love the colours and think it would have worked brilliantly had I made these few adaptations - it's all part of the learning process though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment